Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Catching Up


Because it has been so long since I blogged, I feel that I need to catch up on a few things in my weight and running.

First, Weight:
This is me at 190 (having lost 16 pounds already) and then me at 150.
Ignore my crazy eyes.

My weight is currently 145! I went through a few months, as you can see on my last post, of going back and forth from 150 to 155. I finally got re-motivated, starting logging my food again, and the weight came off again.

My weight goal has changed again. At first it was 150 (just so my BMI would be in the "normal" range). Then I changed it to 145 because I never thought I would get there, and now I've changed it to 135, because when I went to a weight loss doctor years ago, he told me 125-135 was my "ideal range."

After I lost 25 pounds, I listed some things on this blog that I looked forward to. I looked back on them today and I am happy to say I am experiencing all the things I looked forward to and a few more. I thought I would list some changes that I have had since I have lost 60 pounds.

1. I am not embarrassed to take family portraits. I look forward to them. I feel like a am part of a super cute little family.

2. I don't feel like I stand out within my siblings as the "fat one." We are all nice and healthy.

3. I can fit into regular sizes. I no longer have to hope that a boutique has a "plus size" section

4. I am no longer embarrassed to see someone from high school or college. I used to hide from people in my past. Now I am happy to catch up!

5. Sometimes when I get dressed, I actually feel cute/attractive. I used to never feel that way. 

6. I can wear "women's cut" shirts. I no longer have to get a men's large. I can pretty much order a medium, no matter what type of shirt it is, and be confident that it won't be too small.

7. Last week I ran 12 Miles!

8. I don't worry about climbing on playground equipment, trampolines, swings, slides, etc. with Emersyn. I used to always check the weight limit and if there wasn't a sign showing the limit, I would be scared that it would break if I got on. Even some lawn chairs scared me. But now I'm confident I won't break anything.

9. My joints don't hurt. I used to tell Chris that I thought I had some form of arthritis because my knees and shoulders would hurt, especially when it rainged. They would hurt so bad that I couldn't sleep until I took some pain reliever. A week or so ago, I noticed that my knees and shoulder never hurt anymore! Not even when it rains. I'm guessing taking off the weight took the pressure off my joints so they aren't as sensitive. Maybe that isn't why, but there is a correlation. 

Running:

After our 10 mile run!
Since January, Team Tortoise has been training for our first Half Marathon. I never thought I'd actually be able to run a half, but now, after months of training, I know I can do it. Even though I am still a slower than average runner, I'm much better than I EVER thought I would be. I am expecting to run about an 11 minute mile for the half marathon.

Every Saturday, Team Tortoise meets up for our long run, and every Saturday I am in disbelief about how many miles we actually run. I LOVE our long runs. I really look forward to them. I love the easy pace and listening to music (right now I listen to Hamilton. I. am. obsessed.). I especially love seeing the extra thousand calories that I can eat every Saturday.

Brooke has been super busy. She is a full time student and started her first job. She runs with me when she can, but, because of time, she has been doing our long runs less and less. I'm not sure if she will come to our half marathon because she is worried that she has lost her endurance.

Avery has been training on her own, of course, because she lives away. She actually ran her first half marathon last month and killed it!

Kelsey has been added to our group and that girl is a natural runner. Her longest run was only 6 miles, and last week she went from that to staying with me for 11 miles!!! WHAT?!?

Alec is my running buddy most of the time. She always stays beside me on our long runs, even though I know she could go wayyyyyy faster.

Macie is killing it. Every time I see her, she is shrinking. Her pace is steadily getting faster. Of all of us, she is the one that is the most consistent and persistent.

Our half marathon is scheduled for April 17th. Less than 2 weeks away!



I was disappointed in March that I didn't lose weight, but my birthday, Easter, and Spring Break was tough on my diet. By the end of April I am planning on being 140 and having my first half marathon under my belt!




No comments:

Post a Comment